- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch square baking pan with butter or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine butter, lemon rind and 7/8 cup sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Toss blueberries with 1/4 cup flour. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining 1-3/4 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with buttermilk. Fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining 1 tbsp sugar. Bake 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
|From the kitchen of:||Jill Jackson Price|
|Ingredients:||1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 tsp lemon rind (finely grated)
7/8 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
|Nutrition facts:||330 calories, 12g fat, 55mg cholesterol, 5g protein, 53 carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 400mg sodium|